Graeme Dott took firm control in Group One of the 2022 BetVictor Championship League Snooker Invitational at the Morningside Arena, Leicester live on FreeSports in the UK and Ireland, Viaplay in Scandinavia and the Baltics alongside broadcasters worldwide.
Dott entered on the opening day of the tournament alongside Jack Lisowski, Gary Wilson, Zhou Yuelong, Tom Ford, Liang Wenbo, and Ryan Day.
The 2006 World Champion started with an opening 3-1 win over Ford with a break of 77 before ending the afternoon session with victory over Zhou by the same scoreline. The Scotsman’s dominance secured a play-off spot tomorrow evening with further 3-1 wins over Lisowski and Wilson .
Liang, Day, and Lisowski all scored two wins. Lisowski seemed to be on for a maximum in the last frame of his 3-2 win over Liang but broke down at 112.
Each of the seven players faces each other once in the round-robin group stage, after which the top four players in the league table progress to Tuesday evening’s play-offs. The eventual group champion advances to February’s Winners’ Group with the remaining players who finished in the top five during the league phase continuing to Group Two which begins on Wednesday when three new players join the tournament. The bottom two players in each group phase are eliminated. All matches are best of five.
The tournament carries a prize fund of £205,000 with players earning £100 per frame won with significant bonuses for their final group position and increased prize money in the Winners’ Group. A place in the 2022 Cazoo Champion of Champions is also on the line.
Action continues tomorrow from 11 am with the conclusion of Group 1.
Where to Watch
- Foxtel – Australia
- FreeSports – UK and Ireland
- Nova – Czech Republic & Slovakia
- NTV – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenia, and Uzbekistan
- Sky Network – New Zealand
- SuperSport – Africa
- Sportklub – Croatia & Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo, and Slovenia
- TVP – Poland
- Viaplay – Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania
- Viaplay – Iceland
- Viaplay – Scandinavia
- Zhibo.TV – China
- Matchroom.Live – Table 1 is available exclusively to those outside of the countries listed above. Table 2 will be available live on Matchroom.Live excluding the Nordic and Baltic regions
- The tournament will also be live on betting websites around the world
This post appeared first on World Snooker.