Yesterday we posted 15 baize-based teasers to test your knowledge, here are the answers. Let us know how you got on via @WeAreWST on Twitter. Look out for a new quiz each week.
- What news story caused the 1980 World Championship final to be temporarily brought off the air by the BBC? – Coverage of the SAS storming the Iranian Embassy whilst it was under siege.
- Name the player who made the only 148 break in professional snooker history at 2004 UK Championship qualifying? – Jamie Burnett
- Which snooker player released a music single titled “I am a Clown”? – Peter Ebdon
- Who played Barry Hearn in the BBC drama, The Rack Pack, which featured the rivalry between Steve Davis and Alex Higgins? – Kevin Bishop
- What year did Neil Robertson become the first Australian to lift the World Championship trophy at the Crucible? – 2010
- How many 147 breaks has John Higgins made in his career? – 9
- Who did Joe Johnson beat in the semi-finals on his way to winning the 1986 World Championship? – Tony Knowles
- Which current top 16 player temporarily switched snooker for golf last summer, by taking part in 2019 Open Championship qualifying? – Shaun Murphy
- How many Triple Crown titles has Mark Selby won in his career? – 8
- Who did Jimmy Robertson beat in the 2018 European Masters final to pick up his maiden ranking title? – Joe Perry
- What country does world number 87 Alexander Ursenbacher represent? – Switzerland
- How many times did Stephen Hendry win the UK Championship? – 5
- Who did Hendry beat in the final to claim his first UK crown in 1989? – Steve Davis
- In 2016, Liang Wenbo secured the only ranking title of his career so far, which event did he win? – English Open
- What is the name of the band which Steve Davis is a modular synthesizer player for? – The Utopia Strong
The post Pot Luck Quiz – Answers appeared first on World Snooker.
This post appeared first on World Snooker.