Last week we asked you ten teasers about Q School. Here are the answers, let us know how you got on…
- After dropping off the tour, David Gilbert had come close to giving up the sport. He lost in the final round of event one and two, but beat Allan Taylor in the final round of event three. Name the year. – 2011
- Welsh 20-year-old Jackson Page went on a fine run to the last 16 of the World Championship this year. However, he had to come through Q School at the start of the season. Who did he beat in the last round of event one to qualify? – Michael Georgiou
- Hammad Miah faced a race against the clock to make it home for Q School in 2021, after he got stuck abroad due to Covid-19 travel restrictions. He made it back with four days to go and qualified. Which country did he eventually fly home from? – Uzbekistan
- Jordan Brown was a Q School graduate in 2020. He made the most of it a year later when he won the 2021 Welsh Open, as a 750-1 outsider, beating Ronnie O’Sullivan in the final. Who did he beat in the semi-finals? – Stephen Maguire
- Fan Zhengyi qualified from Q School in 2020 and was also a 750-1 outsider when he beat Ronnie O’Sullivan in the final of the 2022 European Masters. What was the score in his final with the Rocket? – 10-9
- Which year did last season’s UK Champion and German Masters winner Zhao Xintong graduate from Q School, having dropped off the circuit? – 2018
- Which former Mosconi Cup winning pool player conquered Q School in 2014 to earn a tour card? – Chris Melling
- Name the Yorkshire cueman who successfully negotiated the first ever Q School event in 2011 and would go on to make the UK Championship semi-finals four years later. – David Grace
- Which two former Shoot Out winners are competing in Q School this year? – Michael Holt and Michael Georgiou
- Name the four players who earned tour cards from event one this year. – Fergal O’Brien, Rod Lawler, Andy Lee and Bai Langning
The post Q School Quiz – Answers appeared first on World Snooker.
This post appeared first on World Snooker.