Snooker and pool are two of the most popular cue sports enjoyed by people all over the world. However, it can be a challenge to find live broadcasts, especially through network or cable TV in all regions.
Whether you’re an avid fan or simply looking to get a glimpse of these exciting games, there are several ways you can watch live streams of snooker and pool in the UK and other countries.
It’s important to note that availability of snooker and pool events can vary by country, so it’s a good idea to check a few different options before settling on a streaming solution.
Keep in mind that we will only be recommending official sources of streams. While there are many unauthorized live streams for major events, such streaming websites lack the desired quality, are typically laggy, and may eventually be taken down for copyright violation.
In this all-in-one guide to live streaming snooker and pool, we’ll explore the various options available to help you stay up-to-date with all the latest action.
Where to Stream Snooker Live
UK 🇬🇧 & Europe 🇪🇺
The UK is one of the more popular regions for snooker, so you’ll be able to catch live events on several sports TV channels, including the BBC, ITV, and Eurosport.
There are several online streaming services that offer live broadcasts of snooker events in UK and some other European countries. Some of the most popular options include:
- BBC iPlayer – The BBC’s online streaming service offers live coverage of major snooker events. You can access the service for free in UK if you have a valid TV license. BBC even has an exclusive deal with World Snooker to broadcast the World Championships and other important events.
- Eurosport Player – This popular streaming service provides live coverage and on-demand videos of various snooker events. Eurosport Player is only available via subscription in Europe.
- Discovery+ – A live and on-demand subscription service with monthly and yearly plans. Discovery+ is only available in these countries. Make sure that you sign up for the Entertainment and Sports Pass to ensure access to snooker events.
US 🇺🇸 & Canada 🇨🇦
The best option for streaming snooker events in the US is the streaming service DAZN. While best known for its boxing matches, it also broadcasts snooker and pool. Subscriptions start at $19.99 per month or $149.99 per year.
Another great option is Matchroom Live. It offers live streaming and free archive footage of various snooker and pool events. Matchroom Live is available worldwide and a live pass is required to access the live streams. It has limited streaming options, but there’s a lower cost to compensate for it: $0.99 per day, $4.99 per month, or $49.99 per year.
Australia 🇦🇺 & New Zealand 🇳🇿
Snooker fans in Australia and New Zealand can watch snooker on Matchroom Live or Sky Sports. Another option to watch live snooker stream is on the Sky Go app.
Snooker has a thriving fanbase in China, so there are a number of services that live stream games. The most well-known is probably Huya, the Chinese equivalent of Twitch, which hosts free broadcasts of sports games in addition to live streamers. Other options include Youku, Migu, CCTV China, and Superstar Online.
India 🇮🇳 & Pakistan 🇵🇰
Facebook Live is one of the best places to stream snooker in India, Pakistan, and other areas of Asia and the Middle East.
The World Snooker Tour Facebook Page often streams big events for free.
Where to Stream Pool Live
US 🇺🇸 & Canada 🇨🇦
Pool can be viewed on a wide variety of US-based subscription services, including:
- DAZN ($19.99 per month or $149.99 per year)
- Matchroom Live ($0.99 per day, $4.99 per month, or $49.99 per year)
- BBTV Productions (free through YouTube)
- OnTheRailTV (free through YouTube)
- PoolActionTV (various “passes” for purchase)
You can occasionally catch pool and billiards games on fuboTV as well.
UK 🇬🇧 & Europe 🇪🇺
Sky Sports is the most popular site for streaming pool in Europe. You’ll need to buy their largest entertainment package, which costs £41 per month, to get access to pool games. You can also secure a deal by enrolling through NOW for £9.99 per day or £25 per month.
How to Stream Snooker & Pool Live Irrespective of your Location
What if you are from a country where cue games aren’t available through live streaming services, or you are travelling to such a country? Or maybe you are suffering from local blackouts?
Either way, the solution is a virtual private network (VPN). It’s basically a way to hide your location and bypass restrictions that streaming services have placed on regional viewing.
There are many different VPNs such as the popular ExpressVPN, feature-rich NordVPN and more. Each one comes with its own pros and cons, so you’ll need to do some homework to figure out which is right for you.
Snooker and Pool Tournaments to Watch Live
There are several major snooker and pool events that you can watch live throughout the year.
Most popular snooker tournaments (The Triple Crown) include:
- World Snooker Championships: This prestigious tournament is held annually in Sheffield, England, and features the top players from around the world competing for the title of world champion.
- UK Championships: Another major event, the UK Championships is held annually in York, England, and features top players from the UK and beyond competing for the title of UK champion.
- Masters: This invitation-only tournament is held annually in London, England, and features the top 16 players from the previous season competing for the title of snooker master.
Here are some of the most important pool tournaments:
- World Nine-ball Championship
- Mosconi Cup
- World Pool Masters
- US Open Nine-ball Championship
- World Straight Pool Championship
- World Ten-ball Championship
- All Japan Championship
- Euro Tour
- China Open
- Philippines Open.
These tournaments attract some of the best players from around the world and offer high-stakes competition and significant prizes.
Watching Cue Sports Live
In conclusion, if you’re a pool or snooker freak, there are many ways to stay connected to the latest matches, news, and recaps.
- Streaming options are available through TV broadcasts and online platforms, and regardless of your country, you can find workarounds to ensure that you never miss the action.
- Check if any official broadcast partners are available in your region. For example, most events are broadcast live by BBC and Eurosport in the UK, and on various major sports channels around the world.
- You can find live streams through online streaming services such as the BBC iPlayer, Eurosport Player, Matchroom Live and Discovery+ or even YouTube/Facebook Live.
With so many options available, you’re sure to find a way to stay up-to-date with all the latest action from the world of snooker and pool.
Note: The specific details mentioned in the article may vary based on the latest updates and availability of services.